[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Pre-overdues notices in 1.6?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Dec 8 00:52:16 EST 2009

> Are pre-overdues hiding somewhere? Or did they just not get included? If
> not, any idea when they will?

Hi Teresa,

Pre-overdues exist in 1.6, but they're configured differently than
before.  I'm not familiar with setting them up, so hopefully someone
else will chime in.

> Also, why the change with Exit button in the CKO screen (moving it into the
> menu). Made things really easy - sure we'll get used to the extra step, but
> just wondering why?

Mostly because it was redundant and we have limited space there.  Are
you a mouser?  The emphasis has traditionally been to cater to
keyboard users, though that can change given demand.  The button bar
now scrolls if needed, so we could add more buttons, but if you're
forced to scroll to reach a button, that's probably just as bad as
having to drill through a menu.

For keyboarders, pressing F1 is the quickest way to exit out of a
patron's display while preserving the tab for the next patron.  For
Checkouts, Alt+D will trigger the Done button in the lower-right for
printing a receipt and exiting out.

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference, April 20-23,
2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/