[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Item status screen- menu choices

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Dec 10 16:03:06 EST 2009

>>Do we need to tweak this at all?  Should we be tracking these feature requests in Launchpad or the wiki?

I'd like to eventually see some kind of more structured, centralized approach that lets you search, sort and filter by enhancement request category, contributor agency, version, and a few other attributes like Status (in development vs. not in development, etc.). There's also a social dimension to this that could be exploited, helping us to find other libraries with similar interests (e.g. who else is interested in map library type enhancements, etc.), and ways for us to indicate "hotness" or mutual interest in the feature.

The wiki format is not so great for all that searching, sorting, filtering etc.

We're managing things locally via Trac (and may be moving to RedMine) and I suspect others are using similar approaches (Conifer has a Trac instance, etc.).  The local systems are great for collecting, refining and setting priorities, etc. but right now I sometimes send to the list, sometimes to support and sometimes slip something into a bug report on launchpad.

George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque de RNCan