[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Changed IP Address of evergreen server, cannot login as admin?

MarvinMouse MrvnMouse at 1337hax0r.com
Tue Feb 3 07:30:22 EST 2009

I am working with a VMWare version of the evergreen server as a test machine
(Ubuntu 8.04)

We adjusted the networking settings for the server so it would be using a
bridged network rather than a NAT network, and now it is not possible to
login as the admin user.

When it is attempted through the web interface it says "problem connecting
to authentication server"

When it is attempted through the staff client it gives "Login failed"
errors.

To be exact the IP addresses shifted from 42.128 to 1.105 within our
internal network when we changed the method the VM station is connected.

The password was not changed during the move, so right now we are in a crux
of either reinstalling the server to try and get it to work, or finding a
way to reset the password in case it got corrupted, or finding out that the
IP address is important for the authentication.

If anyone can provide help with regards to this problem, it would be
appreciated.

Thank you,q

--
-- KJR / 1h

Warning: This e-mail is unencrypted and unsigned, all messages can be
monitored and the authenticity of the sender is not verified. Do _NOT_ send
any confidential or private information over this channel. As well do not
immediate assume that any e-mail sent from this address (or similar ones)
are legitimate without secondary verification.

For information as to how to setup a secure encrypted channel with KJR / 1h
see http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/ or http://enigmail.mozdev.org/ , or call
KJR at home and he can guide you through setting up something personalized
to your system.