[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Wanted: Examples of MARC Holdings Records

Bill Russell brussell.ls at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:15:47 EST 2009

Hi all,

I've attached two files with some 853:863 combos.  I did two exports,
one ini 2709 format and the other in xml.

The 2709-h5 file is in 2709, MARC, format; the xml-h5 is in, well, xml.

They are all multipart records.  The captioning is pretty simple, but
I suspect you'll only get complex serials from academic and/or larger
public libraries.

There are records with multiple 853s in the sample_marc.xml file that
Dan provided as part of the sample import package.  Perhaps Dan's
system can export at the various holding levels.

To avoid possible 2709 max record size problems, the system exports
level 5 holding records that are not embedded in the bib record

cheers,
bill