[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Cataloguing: internet resources...

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Feb 26 11:15:20 EST 2009

Our cataloguer is away this week and I'm also not yet familiar enough with Evergreen's cataloguing client, so my question relates to how internet resources are dealt with in a multi-branch or consortial environment where a given electronic resource(s) is only available on the internet?

Say you have some e-Books and you don't want them associated with only the cataloguing branch, but accessible to patron / staff retrieval for all locations, etc. (for electronic resources that should be visible in the catalogue without any copies).

Here's a sample from the UPEI catalogue http://tinyurl.com/b2r6xe

I've seen the docuwiki reference to setting the transcendent value appropriately for electronic resources added via bulk import. But anyone care to comment on how this is done in the staff client when adding a new bib record from scratch?

Thanks,

George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque RNCan