[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Great EG conference proposals flowing in!

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Sat Feb 28 12:34:54 EST 2009

We're seeing some great proposals flowing in for the Evergreen International
Conference (May 20-22 2009). If you have a proposal idea you want to run
past me before the deadline (Monday, March 2... whenever March 2 ends for
you is deadline enough for us), please do ping me. I'll be happy to offer
advice.

Don't forget that there will be lightning talks (5-minute sessions) and on
May 20 there's also space for longer, self-organized
hackfests/preconferences (I will be doing two on documentation). Think of
the hackfest as two half-day slots to work on a special project, teach
something you've always wanted to teach, brainstorm your way through
consortial policies -- "whatever time" (which in my life, at least, is
increasingly precious).

The proposals are falling nicely across the spectrum of tracks -- Tech,
Admin, Frontline Staff -- but another way to look at them is newcomer versus
old Evergreen hand. Whether you are new to the very idea of Evergreen and
open source or have been around since the Dawn of Evergreen Time, there will
be programs to match your interests.

(So what is the very last hour, ET-wise, that a proposal can arrive before
March 2 ends? I was in Oz last fall but can still never get that math
right!)