[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds and Offline Checkins

James Fournie jfournie at sitka.bclibraries.ca
Fri Feb 27 19:31:54 EST 2009

Hi there,

A librarian from a SITKA site has noticed that during offline
checkins, if an item has holds on it, there is no warning or alert or
any other indication of the holds, during offline mode, or even when
the transactions are uploaded.

I have tested this, and I found that not only is there no warning
about holds, but also the item in question is automatically counted as
"on the holds shelf".  This does not make sense to me -- how would you
know to put it on the holds shelf?

I am wondering how other sites deal with offline checkins, if there is
a specific workflow strategy for dealing with this.

Thanks,

James Fournie
BC SITKA Team