[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] shared funding for Evergreen enhancement?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 15:30:10 EST 2009

2009/1/21 Marilyn Pillar <mpillar at innisfil.library.on.ca>:
> Our staff did comment that a series display with volume number would be of
> benefit to our customers.  Other enhancements which would improve the search
> capabilities for both staff and the public have also been identified.
>

> We are most concerned about subjects.  Has anyone looked into the
> possibility of having more detailed subject displays?  Currently only
> subfield "a" is displayed in the "Relevant Subjects" list.  This is not very
> helpful when one is searching for specific time periods in the history of a
> country for example.

Hi Marilyn:

Actually, if you load authority records into Evergreen (using
marc2are.pl / direct_ingest.pl / pg_loader.pl) then subject and author
hierarchies matching the current search results will be displayed in
the left-hand pane.

Compare the subject displays for
http://tsuga.innisfillibrary.ca/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=79858&t=beer&tp=keyword&d=0&hc=48&rt=keyword
versus http://demo.gapines.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=155265&t=beer&tp=keyword&d=0&hc=34&rt=keyword
- the difference is that authority records have been loaded on the
demo.gapines.org site.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University