[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] identifying all existing documentation

Tara Robertson information.detective at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 17:29:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

One of the initial tasks of the Documentation Interest Group is to find out
what documentation, training materials (docs, videos, etc.), tip sheets,
etc. already exist. We know that there's lots of great documentation out
there, so we don't need to start from scratch.

We've already added the Open-ils wiki, GA PINES, SITKA, Michigan, Indiana,
and Tsuga to our list of existing docs:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=existing-docs:existing-docs.
If you have documentation on the web that we've missed, can you let us know
about it?

Also, if you have documentation that has not on the public web, we would
love it if you sent us a copy. Please explicitly tell us if and how we can
use it.

Having up-to-date, cohesive documentation is an important part of any
open-source software project. Good quality documentation saves users time;
makes it easier for new users to install, understand, and use Evergreen; and
minimizes duplication of effort.

Thanks in advance for helping us identify what already exists.

Cheers,
Tara