[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Limiting patrons

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:02:45 EDT 2009

2009/7/13  <scrlheadlib at mts.net>:
> Is there a setting somewhere in Evergreen that will stop patrons from
> borrowing materials beyond the patron expiry date expiry date?

This certainly isn't the best way long-term way of dealing with the
problem, and it might not even be the best short-term workaround, but
we wrote a script that automatically sets the due date of all items to
the expiry date of the user's account when the due date would
otherwise be beyond the expiry date. See circ_date_to_expire_date.pl
at http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/browser/conifer/trunk/tools

> Is there also a setting that stops patrons from borrowing if they have an item that
> is x days overdue?  Thanks!

Hmm, I don't think exactly that option exists. You can prevent patrons
from borrowing once they've reached a fine threshold or a # of overdue
items threshold. But I still feel like I've only dipped my toe in the
script-based circulation waters, so maybe something like that is
easily possible.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University