[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Limiting patrons

Lynne Welch welchly at oplin.org
Mon Jul 13 11:37:27 EDT 2009

Dan,

In The Library Corporation's Library.Solution we have an option to set
"Long Overdue" as a limiting factor.
We can designate a number (we have it set to 21 days overdue) when the
account enters "Long Overdue"
status and then all future use is blocked until the items are
returned/paid for/somehow cleared from the
account. This also works with our PC Reservation/Management system
(CASSIE, by Librarica) to deny
internet use until the account is unblocked.

It would be an option we would consider important in choosing our next ILS.

Lynne,
sorry to be muddying the waters even more, especially since she doesn't
know *how* it works, just
that it does and that it's very effective for us

Lynne Welch
Herrick Memorial Library
Wellington OH USA