[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Limiting patrons

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Jul 13 13:41:04 EDT 2009

>> Is there also a setting that stops patrons from borrowing if they have an item that
>> is x days overdue?  Thanks!
>
> Hmm, I don't think exactly that option exists. You can prevent patrons
> from borrowing once they've reached a fine threshold or a # of overdue
> items threshold. But I still feel like I've only dipped my toe in the
> script-based circulation waters, so maybe something like that is
> easily possible.

I could imagine someone kludging it with some SQL and a cron job (just
BAR the patron and append the reason to the alert message if the
criteria is met).  I think the long term solution would be to add a
new standing penalty (or "automated block") for it, but I don't know
how easy or hard that is either.

--
Jason Etheridge