[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Overdue notices not sending error

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Jul 23 09:52:00 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

We are still having trouble in getting automatic email notifications to function.

When I run the generate_circ_notices.plI get the following Warning in osrfsys.log:

 [2009-07-23 06:01:13] generate_circ_notices.pl [INFO:14462:CStoreEditor.pm:104:] editor[0|0] action.circulation.search : returned 1 result(s)

[2009-07-23 06:01:13] generate_circ_notices.pl [WARN:14462:generate_circ_notices.pl:378:] notice: unable to send overdue email to robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca: $VAR1 = bless( {

                 'prop' => {},

                 'string' => 'Can\'t call method "address" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Email/Send/SMTP.pm line 24.

',

                 'type' => 'failure',

                 'errno' => 1

               }, 'Return::Value' );

It seems to not like the sender address or information, but I am not sure if it is the setting in the opensrf.xml file or the settings in the staff client. I am not getting a bounce email notification sent to the addresses specified as the sender email. We have correct email addresses in the sender address set up in both the opensrf.sml file and in the staff client location configuration.

Here is the notification section of opensrf.xml:

      <notifications>
        <!-- global mail server settings -->
        <smtp_server>localhost</smtp_server>
        <sender_address>rsoulliere at evergreen-server.mohawkcollege.ca</sender_address>

<!-- Overdue notices -->
        <overdue>

            <!-- optionally, you can define a sender address per notice type -->
            <sender_address>rsoulliere at evergreen-server.mohawkcollege.ca</sender_address>

            <!-- The system can generate an XML file of overdue notices.  This is the
                directory where they are stored.  Files are named overdue.YYYY-MM-DD.xml -->
            <notice_dir>/openils/var/data/overdue</notice_dir>
            <combined_template>/openils/var/data/overdue_notice.example</combined_template>

            <notice>
                <!-- Notify at 7 days overdue -->
                <notify_interval>7 days</notify_interval>
                <!-- Options include always, noemail, and never.  'noemail' means a notice
                     will be appended to the notice file only if the patron has no valid email address.  -->
                <file_append>noemail</file_append>
                <!-- do we attempt email notification? -->
                <email_notify>true</email_notify>
                <!-- notice template file -->
                <email_template>/openils/var/data/overdue_notice.example</email_template>
            </notice>
        </overdue>

        <!-- Courtesy notices -->
        <predue>
            <notice>
                <!-- All circulations that circulate between 5 and 13 days -->
                <circ_duration_range>
                    <from>5 days</from>
                    <to>13 days</to>
                </circ_duration_range>
                <!-- notify at 1 day before the due date -->
                <notify_interval>1 day</notify_interval>
                <file_append>false</file_append>
                <email_notify>true</email_notify>
                <email_template>/openils/var/data/predue_notice.example</email_template>
            </notice>
        </predue>
      </notifications>

I was wondering of the problem would most likely relate to:

1.       The opensrf.xml file configuration

2.       Setup in the staff client.

3.        An issue with a perl script: /usr/share/perl5/Email/Send/SMTP.pm  or  generate_circ_notices.pl

Thanks,
Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited. If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.