[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: autogen error

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Jul 23 13:58:39 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Nuku Ameyibor<nayibor at gmail.com> wrote:
> i   changed the nmae of my topmost library in the organizational heirachy.
> i updated   the org heirachy. when i tried to run autogen.sh i got errors.
> these are the errors.

Could you share your org hierarchy and org unit types?  It's easy to
burn yourself there if you do things like use ou_types with a depth
that doesn't match the level of the org tree, or have multiple root
nodes, etc.

In psql:
\pset border 0
select id, parent_ou, ou_type, shortname from actor.org_unit order by id;
select * from actor.org_unit_type order by id;

>   * ! EXCEPTION ! *
> TYPE: OpenSRF::EX::Config
> Mess: Config Exception
> Mess: JPeer could not load all necesarry values from config
> Loc.: 71 OpenSRF::Transport::SlimJabber::PeerConnection
> Loc.: /openils/lib/perl5/OpenSRF/Transport/SlimJabber/PeerConnection.pm
<snip>
> under normal circumstances it runs well but as soon as i changed the name of
> the topmost  library in my heirachy i got  errors.
> i   also get erros when i am using the staff cient to login or using the
>  dynamic catlalog in my opac. the slimpac catlog works fine anyways .
> any ideas anyone??

I think a lot of these errors will go away once you can get autogen.sh
to run correctly.  Autogen creates javascript files that get used by
the OPAC and staff client, and if it breaks when trying to generate
these files, I'd expect for there to be other cascading problems.

I'd also stop all services and apache, make sure they're stopped, move
the old log files out of the way, and then start up things component
by component, grepping the logs for ERR each step along the way.  So
start_router, grep ERR, start_perl, grep ERR, start_c, grep ERR, start
apache.

--
Jason Etheridge