[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Three Questions for the Evergreen Community

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Jun 15 20:30:27 EDT 2009

> I personally think point three of Karen's email is a good idea, as Evergreen
> does use a fair bit of Mozilla's XULrunner as its backbone. But I would also
> like to add, we could as a community put on Evergreen's OPAC a logo which
> combine both, the Evergreen logo and the Mozilla logo, which we could put at
> the bottom of the OPAC screen where the current logo is.

Just to play Devil's Advocate (and because I tend to look for edge
cases and extremes), Evergreen also makes use of Apache, PostgreSQL,
Linux, Dojo, etc.  Most of the building blocks don't have
logos/marketing, but the larger pieces do.

My opinion is that the staff client should get a Powered by Mozilla
logo due to xulrunner, but I don't think the use of spidermonkey
(Javascript interpreter) on the server-side is pervasive enough to say
Evergreen is powered by it.  Mozilla deserves lots of love though.

--
Jason Etheridge