[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Three Questions for the Evergreen Community

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Tue Jun 16 06:14:58 EDT 2009

> 3. As you may have read earlier, the Mozilla Foundation has listed
> Evergreen as a featured software on its site. The foundation has also
> asked if Evergreen would be interested in including the ' Powered by
> Mozilla ' logo on its site. You can see the logo at: http://www.
> mozilla .org/poweredby Your thoughts?

I'm with Jason - I think if we highlight Mozilla, we should highlight all of the Free/Open Source technologies used in Evergreen.  I tend to include a discussion of this when doing Evergreen trainings as I think understanding how the underlying programs work (Mozilla/xulrunner, PostgreSQL, Apache, etc.) contributes greatly to an understanding of how the whole system works.  Having said that, I think it's great that Mozilla has highlighted Evergreen and like the idea of returning the favor.

Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150