[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Order of operations for migration??

Cynthia Williamson crwbookgirl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 09:26:55 EST 2009

Hi all - we're working on a move from SirsiDynix to version 1.4.02 and I
have some questions about what comes first during the migration process.
We've been focusing on being able to load the software and testing patron
and bib/holdings imports and just generally getting to know Evergreen.
I'm wondering about the path into real operation mode - Should we be setting
up our locations, material/item types, hours & general circ rules - all of
that front end systems admin stuff - before we load any records or patrons?.
 In otherwords once we're happy with Linux and Evergreen, should it be:
1. Set up Local information, circ rules etc.
2. Import bibs/holdings
3. Import patrons

Thanks, Cynthia
Mohawk College
--
A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining,
but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.