[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Order of operations for migration??

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Mar 6 00:27:29 EST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Cynthia Williamson
<crwbookgirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering about the path into real operation mode - Should we be setting
> up our locations, material/item types, hours & general circ rules - all of
> that front end systems admin stuff - before we load any records or patrons?.

Hi Cynthia, that's a pretty sane way to do it.  Set up the behavior,
create some records within the system to test the behavior, and then
map your legacy records into the model you've constructed (via circ
modifiers, user profiles, etc.)  It's also a great opportunity for you
to simply your policies, and remove any cruft or overloading of fields
and concepts that may have accumulated in your legacy system.

--
Jason Etheridge