[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] strange behavior during record update

Tigran Zargaryan tigran at flib.sci.am
Thu Mar 5 03:32:16 EST 2009

Hello Jason,
we have drooped the database to the initial status, and started the new
cataloging.
Here is the picture.
1. For the first record we have done full bibl. level description and
have added the holdings data. This record is being saved and displayed
in a normal way. After that I have started to do the changes using 'MARC
Edit'. First time update on the fields for the Author, Title, etc are
going normal, and the system is saving all the changes.
2. When I am starting to update the same fields for the first record
second time, the system is not saving that changes.
3. I am creating another bibl. record (with holding information).
For this and other records no any changes are being saved, although the
system is replying that the Changes are saved.

So I can create the new records without problems. When trying to update
the field content, the system is not saving the changes.
Any ideas what to do?
thanks,
Tigran

Jason Etheridge wrote:
>> Why when I am having more that one Bib. records in my database, my changes are not being saved?
>>

> I think Dan noticed the same bug.  Does it seem to make a difference
> if you have items attached to the records being edited?
>

>> I noticed that when viewing the record, on the top left side of the screen the system is displaying 'Record 1 of 0', which I guess is something abnormal.(see attached image).
>>

> This is just a harmless cosmetic bug you can ignore, unrelated to your
> main issue.

Dr. Tigran Zargaryan
Director
Fundamental Scientific Library