[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] New user questions/issues

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Mar 25 21:47:19 EDT 2009

>> 2.      The number of our holds is not showing up in the catalogue search
>> screen.  No matter how many holds we have on an item it says 0 reserves.  We
>> must have something set wrong but I’ve no idea what.
>
> Is the hold targeter script running regularly?

Hrmm, even if it's not, that's disconcerting, because the targeter
runs at the time of hold placement for a given hold.

>> 3.      Even when I am logged in as admin I can’t set our closed dates.
>> Again must be a permissions thing but what?
>
> Hmm, not sure about that one.

I would check to make sure the admin user has a Work Location defined.

In the staff client, use Admin -> User Permission Editor from the top
menu, with barcode 101010101010101

Save the admin user after selecting at least one Work Location, and
the log out and back into the staff client.

--
Jason Etheridge