[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Missing vs. Lost

Chris Caughey CCaughey at jessup.edu
Wed Mar 25 21:51:38 EDT 2009

I'm wondering two things:

1.        How do other Evergreen users think about the categories of
"Missing" and "Lost"?  At what point do you mark an item as either one?

2.       Is the category of "Lost" only available from within an
individual patron's account?  Also, the only category that seems to have
survived our data migration was "available."  Anything that was marked
"Missing" or "Lost" now shows (after the data migration) that it has
been checked in and is available.  We don't seem be able to set back
dates (e.g., a book was checked out by Patron X back in November and
still hasn't been returned; or, our previous ils shows that Item Y was
marked "Lost" on 5/10/08).  Any advice?

Thanks,

Chris Caughey, M.Div.

Library Assistant