[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Loan Periods, vs. Circ status, vs location

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 10:16:10 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Cynthia Williamson
<crwbookgirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi - I'm having some trouble translating SIRSI things to Evergreen.  In
> SIRSI there is an item type to which the circ rules are attached. e.g. we
> have a book item type that circulates for 14 days, DVD type circulates for 3
> days.  I've found copy status and copy location in Evergreen but I'm not
> seeing anywhere to add the actual loan periods.  What am I missing?

You're looking for Circulation Modifier, which is analogous to item
type in Unicorn.  In Evergreen, though, you can base your circulation
rules on nearly any attribute of the patron, item or bib record (or
combination of attributes) instead of just the one field.

--
Mike Rylander