[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Monthly Reminder, Evergreen Communications

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Mon May 4 10:37:23 EDT 2009

Here's your monthly omnibus posting about this discussion list and other
communication mechanisms for Evergreen software. Don't forget the upcoming
"communication mechanism" -- the Evergreen International Conference, May
20-22, 2009! http://www.lyrasis.org/evergreen

1. This is the general discussion list for Evergreen open source library
software. Members of this list include Evergreen users, librarians, library
workers, library users, developers, fellow travelers, or people just plain
curious about Evergreen. As of March, 2009, this list had nearly 600
members. Its traffic is moderate (about 6 messages per day).

2. If you are new to this list and not highly technical, you may find at
times this list gets more technical chatter than you want. Hang in there, we
do post "general" stuff that's valuable -- newsletters, conference updates,
etc. -- so let the tech stuff roll past you. (There is a list for
development, but it isn't used as much as "general.")

3. This list is archived in several places. These archives offer many
features:

** Markmail: http://georgialibraries.markmail.org/search/?q=

** Gmane: http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.education.libraries.open-ils.general

4. About the list name: Open-ILS was the first name for Evergreen (and is
still found here and there in the software and other places).

5. About the list host: georgialibraries.org represents Georgia Public
Library Service, the original home of Evergreen software.

6. There are several other Evergreen lists for development, documentation,
and the commits to the Evergreen code (watch the Evergreen developers work
in real time!). See them here at http://evergreen-ils.org/listserv.php

7. To subscribe or unsubscribe, change your subscription, etc., go here:

*Other communication tools for the Evergreen community*

1. Evergreen newsletter: this is published once a month to this list and to
the Evergreen blog, generally about the middle of the month. We announce the
deadline a few days ahead, but it's never too early to contribute.

2. Evergreen blog: tidbits from the community are occasionally posted here:
http://evergreen-ils.org/blog

3. Evergreen Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6396639614 (Getting close to 300
members!)

4. NEW! Evergreen calendar: http://evergreen-ils.org/calendar

5. NEW! Equinox Software on Twitter as esilibrary (Would any of you like to
create/manage an Evergreen presence on Twitter? Otherwise pipe stuff our way
and we'll "tweet" it.)

Happy May,