[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] staff clients and virtual images, was Re: forum?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri May 15 03:01:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Nuku Ameyibor <nayibor at gmail.com> wrote:
> i wanted to ask. is there any way of importing  users into the system
> from an xml  file or from a  csv file.we want to be able to load
> preexisting   data  from another source into the  system.
> so basically i am looking for a way  to  load   patrons into the
> system from an   external source
> and possibly also in a way which would allow them  to have some roles
> automatically attached to them if possible.
> and also cna i have the username and password for  the postgre data of
>  the vmware debian  image ? i wanted to have  a look at the database
> structure or if you possibly have  the er diagram already availabe.
> can i have it .its for   the evergreen version on the debian system

Hi Nuku, there are some database diagrams but I'm not sure how useable
they are for your purposes.
See http://open-ils.org/documentation/evergreen-schema-1.4.0.2.html

There are many ways to load patrons into Evergreen, but there is
nothing standardized.  Project Conifer has their migration scripts
available in the Evergreen Contrib repository here, and they may prove
helpful:
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/browser/conifer/trunk/tools/migration-scripts

I believe some of the other academic Evergreen libraries have scripts
and processes for synchronizing patrons with external databases that
they may be willing to share.

And I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have about the
database schema.

Let us know if this helps!

--
Jason Etheridge