[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Server Setup and help

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri May 15 03:56:28 EDT 2009

> Anyway, heres my question: does anyone know of a simple guide to install the
> server in windows xp? I have VirtualBox and Ubuntu 8.04 server installed. I
> can't figure out how to do the configuring. I messed up and completely
> deleted that virtual machine. I have read the documentation on the wiki, but
> still can't figure it out. I am always getting error messages. I love
> windows and am very good with it, but have never worked with Linux.

Hi Tyler, any luck?  If you share some specific error messages (the
ones that come first), we might be able to help.

It may also be worthwhile for some of us to arrange an online
"install-fest" where we can get some experts to walk folks through an
installation remotely and answer questions.  Anyone else interested in
such a thing?  It'd likely take a good bit of time and some
resource-wrangling,  however, and our day jobs seem to pick up during
the summer months, so I may just be dreaming big here. :)

--
Jason Etheridge