[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] language in evergreen

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon May 18 16:08:20 EDT 2009

2009/5/18 ABDEL RAHMAN SAAD <abdel_rahmans at hotmail.com>:
> Dear all;
> I'm beginer for using evergreen dadtabase and i'm librarian as volunteer in
>  public library whatever  in our colections is Arabic language so i'd like
> to ask the evergreen database is supported arabic laguage ?
>
> Thank y for interested to me
> abdel rahman saad hussein

Hi Abdel:

Evergreen uses Unicode from the database through to the interface, so
storing / searching / displaying Arabic bibliographic data from MARC
records should be fine.

However, the catalogue and staff client have not been designed to
support right-to-left languages, so even if those interfaces were
translated, the display of those interfaces in a right-to-left
language would not be correct.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University