[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Brief conference report-out from Day 1 and early Day 2

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Thu May 21 10:51:39 EDT 2009

For those not at the conference, Day 1 of Evergreen International Conference
2009 ("eg09") was a smashing success. Attendance is around 150 (final
numbers not known yet). We had three "fests": all-day coding, then in the
afternoon, Sysadmin Survival Training and a Documentation
discussion/planning session. All three "fests" were very well-attended and
reports out were highly positive.The vendor reception was also wonderful and
the crowds were upbeat and very convivial.

Today Joe Lucia gave a fiery, impassioned keynote -- we look forward to
sharing it with you, which raises this comment, which is that most of the
slides will be online after the conference, and some of the conference is
being videotaped and will be online as well. We are busy collecting
presentations and getting speakers to sign release forms. :-)