[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Ftp cannot install js-1.7.0.tar.gz

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:22:44 EDT 2009

Hi Ephraim:

2009/5/21  <makekee at msu.ac.zw>:
> hi guys
>
> I am doing a fresh install of evergreen. I am following the document at
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation:debian_gentoo_ubuntu_prerequisites_makefile

Hmm - what version of Evergreen are you installing? As of Evergreen
1.4 we stopped referring to those instructions from
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server:1.4.0:install and
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opensrf:1.0:install

I should probably remove the links to the Makefile installer page, or
at least note that as of 1.4 you should just follow the Evergreen /
OpenSRF instructions.

> At number 6 it says i should give this command sudo make -f Makefile.install
> ubuntu, everything goes well until the terminal tries to install
> js-1.7.0.tar.gz from mozilla. the terminal give me this error message -
>
>  ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js-1.7.0.tar.gz
>  (try: 2) => `js-1.7.0.tar.gz'
> Connecting to ftp.mozilla.org|63.245.208.138|:21... failed: Connection timed
> out.
> Retrying.
>
> It keeps on doing this until it finally gives up. Can i skip this stage?

Unfortunately, you can't skip this stage. Can you open up
Makefile.install and change:

LIBJS_URL=ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/$(LIBJS).tar.gz

to:

LIBJS_URL=http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/$(LIBJS).tar.gz

to see if you have more success downloading the file via the HTTP
protocol? I'm wondering if your FTP connection may be being blocked
for some reason...

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University