[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Interesting proposal about approaching Evergreengovernance

Thomas Corbett tcorbett at cwmars.org
Thu May 21 17:30:07 EDT 2009

Hi Karen,

Speaking for the folks at the nearby "starting a users group" discussion table, we'd like to see a foundation developed first and then a User Group considered later -- if needed (depending on the role and success of the foundation).

One question: what kind of detail are you (speaking for the group at the table!) considering when you suggest an online spreadsheet listing acquisition "projects?"  For selfish reasons, it would be most helpful for us to have these projects described in as much detail as possible, preferably listing out specific software requirements.

Also, without a foundation's "pool of money," independently financed projects will trump all others (not necessarily a bad thing) no matter what this informal group decides are the top priorities.  Nonetheless, I think such a pilot project would be worth pursuing.

Thanks.

Tom

Tom Corbett
Assistant Director