[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] cataloging

Michael McArthur Michael.McArthur at NorMed.ca
Thu Nov 5 12:01:47 EST 2009

Hi Lauri,

You always need to "Check in" a book after you add it.  Try that and see if it works.

Best - Michael

Michael McArthur, M.L.I.S.
Access Services Librarian
Health Sciences Library
Northern Ontario School of Medicine
East Campus -- Laurentian University
935 Ramsey Lake Road
Sudbury, ON P3E 2C6

Tel:  (705) 662-7241
Fax: (705) 662-7269
michael.mcarthur at normed.ca
www.nosm.ca/library

>>> Indiana Free Library Teens <iflteens at gmail.com> 04/11/2009 3:39 pm >>>
I work for a small public library and we are looking at Evergreen to replace
our old system.  Our volunteer tech person has downloaded and installed the
demo server and staff client.  I have been given the task of figuring out
how it works (but I'm not a tech person).  I have found a lot of helpful
information on the website, but was wondering if there were any easy
instructions for cataloging materials.  I have added several records using
the Z30.50 tool.  Then edited the record using "holdings maintenance"  and
have made the holding available.  My problem is that not all of the holding
show up in the OPAC search, but if i click on the browse shelf they show
up.  I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.  Any help and guidance will be
greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Lauri
--