[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] cataloging

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Thu Nov 5 15:45:33 EST 2009

Lauri,

The problem is likely one Jason mentioned -- there is a field in the MARC XML that sometimes does not get populated during the conversion process form MARC 8 or MARC 21 when you import new records. This field has something to do with making the record visible to search indexes. Records affected can only be searched by the title control number, or in the browse call number search. If you overlay the record, this fingerprint field usually is populated and the record thus shows up in searches. The bug is also fixed in a later version than what you have.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128