[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Themes/skins for the staff client?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Nov 16 12:27:42 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Hilary Caws-Elwitt
<sctylibrary at stny.rr.com> wrote:
> Are there any skins available for the staff client, and/or is anyone working
> on some? I found the blog entry from 2004 but not any further updates. I
> also searched the archives without success. I'm using the PINES demo system
> for now. Thanks!

I plugged in Mozilla's Theme Manager into the staff client (Admin ->
For Developers -> Theme Manager), but it's only going to work with
specially packaged theme files.  It should be possible to take an
arbitrary skin from the Firefox world and repackage it so that it'd
work with the staff client, but I don't know the specific steps that
would be involved (and only certain stylings would be applicable,
because such a theme would be targeting things that exist in Firefox
and not xulrunner/Evergreen).

In the past, I did this horrible hack of merging xulrunner's
classic.jar with one from a theme file and it did look good, but I
feared it (the 1.2 windows client had this).  The Theme Manager is the
way forward.

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference, April 20-23,
2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/