[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Buckets

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Nov 24 14:52:30 EST 2009

Chris,

None of our libraries have reported duplicated titles. However, most of us create and use the buckets on the same day so it may be that we just don't use the buckets in a way to see the error. Also, have you tried refreshing the bucket in case it is a display or sync issue? Refresh a few times to see if that removes the duplicat es.

Copy buckets are useful for global changes to item attributes, deleting large numbers of items and moving items attached to one bibliographic record to another bibliographic record. Record buckets are used to merge duplicate records. You can also create CSV files and export records from the record buckets. PINES libraries generally only use record buckets to merge records so I am not familiar with the exact nature of the other functions.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128