[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Another try importing holdings using MARC importer/exporter (Vandelay)

Francene Lewis Flewis at calvin.edu
Wed Nov 25 15:17:47 EST 2009

Is there any written documentation for the MARC importer/exporter tool (Vandelay)?  I've watched the webinar but it doesn't seem to cover the questions I have on holdings. I've tried importing holdings now using two different fields.  We exported a record and copied the 852 field.

For example:
852 4  |a gaaagpl |b GENERAL |c 5TH-FLOOR |j call number |g BOOK |p 33108007755038 |x nonreference |x holdable |x circulating |x visible |z Available

999   |a call number |c 1 |m GENERAL |l GENERAL |i 33108004425087 |k Available |p 20.00 |t BOOK

I also tried importing using a 999 field for holdings.  Both of these fields are listed if you click the Import holdings button in Vandelay.  Am I missing something in creating these fields?  Do you need to create item attributes for the various fields and subfields for the import to work?  Is there something in the underlying coding that needs to be turned on to allow holdings to be imported using Vandelay?
Thanks for the help in advance,
Francene Lewis
Cataloging Librarian
Hekman Library