[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Another try importing holdings using MARC importer/exporter

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Mon Nov 30 15:55:03 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Francene Lewis <Flewis at calvin.edu> wrote:

>  Bill,
> Thanks for the email and the confirmation I'm on the right track.  The bib
> records load fine.  I can find them in the database but when I go to look at
> the holdings, nothing has been created as far as I can tell.
> Even just knowing that it is supposed to work is helpful as we are setting
> up the system and getting ready to migrate to Evergreen in the next few
> weeks.  Is there something in the system that needs to be turned on to allow
> me to create holdings using the MARC importer?

If you select "Import Attached Holdings" and choose a value for "Holdings
Import Profile" that matches the data you're importing, it should just
work.  There's a good chance an error is occurring on the server that will
require investigation.

-b

--
Bill Erickson
| VP, Software Development & Integration
| phone: 877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
| email: erickson at esilibrary.com
| web: http://esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference, April 20-23,
2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/