[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] future newsletters

Amy Terlaga terlaga at biblio.org
Thu Oct 8 14:22:48 EDT 2009

Hi Jason-

I'd like to help out with this.  I'm a fairly decent writer and an even
better editor.

Keep me in mind when you're putting together the newsletter team.

Thanks!

Amy

P.S. Our open source blog can be found at http://biblio-os.blogspot.com
<http://biblio-os.blogspot.com/>

Message: 3

Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 12:47:09 -0400

From: Jason Etheridge <jason at esilibrary.com>

Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] future newsletters

To: Evergreen Discussion Group

      <open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>

      <1f3c053e0910080947i177d0e84n9c253b078918844a at mail.gmail.com>

Hi folks,

Karen has been a prime force behind a lot of good things in Evergreen,

and the monthly Evergreen Newsletter she and John Fink produced with

community input is one of those things I'd like to see keep going.

I'm willing to do what I can to make this happen, including the bulk

of the work, but if there are others out there with an itch for this,

we sure would love to help you scratch it.

This is the sort of work that needs to be done:

* Call for submissions

* Writing (incidentally, the previous newsletters make great boilerplate)

* Editing

* Distribution (list and blog)

There's even likely some room for good old fashioned journalistic news

sleuthing if that interests you. :)

Let me know.  Thanks!

--

Jason Etheridge