[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Evergreen's compatibility with external databases

Paul Bartell paul.bartell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 20:37:37 EDT 2009

There are several ways to do allow access to Proquest databases. many
larger universities as well as community colleges have a proxy or
reverse proxy set up, which does a live querry to a user database
(some use email addresses for authentication). Then the IP address of
the proxy server is allowed to access the database, and all is well.
This does however have quite a large technical overhead, however your
campus appears to be quite tech-savvy in nature, and im sure they
could come up with a viable option. this would make use of the
following proquest document:
http://training.proquest.com/trc/lad/qkprint/iprange.pdf

Another option is to daily or possibly term-ly upload a list of
user-IDs and passwords to proquest:

http://training.proquest.com/trc/lad/qkprint/useridbarcode.pdf

As im not a librarian, just a user, someone else is probably more
qualified to answer this question. Im sure you are not alone.

--
Random quote of the week/month/whenever i get to updating it: "Quis custodiet
ipsos custodes?": "who shall watch the watchers themselves?" - Juvenal