[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Customize Fines and Due Dates

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Oct 18 14:16:56 EDT 2009

Hi Richard:

2009/10/15 Richard Maloley II <richard at rrcomputerconsulting.com>:
> Nuku,
>
> Thank you for pointing that out to me - I can see where I can add new
> fines/due dates but I cannot see how to make one a default. I see that there
> is a default but when I typed in new information using "default" in the
> first field it did not successfully add it to the database.
>
> Is there a way to edit the values that are already there by chance?

Are you using in-database circulation, or script-based circulation?
You haven't said what version of Evergreen you're setting up, or what
circulation approach you're using. This is controlled by
<legacy_script_support> in opensrf.xml; "false" means that you're
using in-database circulation.

> In addition - as an aside - is there a way to configure the system to
> automatically email patrons and the system administrators when books are
> overdue?

Take a look at Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/generate_circ_notices.pl
for the "old-school" way of generating reminder and overdue notices
for patrons. The "new-school" way is to use the trigger/reactor system
introduced in 1.6, but 1.6.0.0 hasn't quite been released yet, and to
be honest neither approach is documented anywhere (at least, nowhere
that I'm aware of).

To alert system administrators, I suggest that you just create a
recurring report of overdue items that gets emailed to the system
administrators on a regular basis.