[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Customize Fines and Due Dates

Nuku Ameyibor nayibor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:51:16 EDT 2009

On Oct 22, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Joe Atzberger wrote:

> My end goals for my client is as follows:
> 1) Patrons can only check out two items at a time, max.
> 2) Patrons can only renew an item once.
> 3) Patrons can only check out a book for 2 days, which can be
> extended to 7 days.
>
>  Extended how?  Two days circ plus two days renewal still falls
> three days short...  Staff can override a due date with an arbitrary
> one to get what you want, but I'm not sure whether the override can
> be further constrained.

you can modify  your circ_groups.js script file.

	maxItemsOut			- the maximum number of items the user can have out
	fineThreshold		- the fine threshold.
	overdueThreshold	- the overdue items threshold.
	maxHolds				- The maximum number of holds the user can have

this is the format of  the file and the maxitemsout tells  you the
number of items that a particular  group of users can borrow.
var GROUP_CONFIG = {
	'Patron' : {
		maxItemsOut         : 2,
		fineThreshold       : 10,
		overdueThreshold    : 10,
		maxHolds            : 5
	},

}

you can use your bootstrap pages  to determine  the maximum renewals
for an item.as well as  the number of days a book can be borrowd
out.of course this will also be determined by  your logic that u use
for your checkout and what  rule u use for checkouts.