[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Open source ILS and OPAC

Scott Blake sblake at svuca.edu
Thu Oct 22 18:02:30 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of trying to get a budget set up so we can get our
small university library automated.  We currently have no ILS and no
OPAC.  I have put Evergreen and Koha on the list of possibilities for
the ILS.  I have read on other discussion lists and library blogs
about problems librarians have had in using them.  I'd appreciate any
feedback from those who have used or currently use an open source ILS.
 What is the good, bad, and ugly in them from your experience?  Thanks
to all who respond.

Scott Blake
University Librarian
Silicon Valley University