[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] How do authorities kick in when Validating

Repke de Vries repke at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 23 11:24:04 EDT 2009

Can someone actually using authority data in Evergreen enlighten me ?

We are evaluating Evergreen, imported some authority records through
the staff client (Cataloging --> MARC Batch Import) but they do not
seem to take effect.

Is the following assumption correct  - 'cause if it is than evidently
something went wrong with the Import or is wrong with the Authority
records it self:

one of  the imported authority records [1] has:
=100  0\$aMaloy, Eileen

I would expect then that Creating a New MARC Record (in Cataloging)
and typing Meloy instead of Maloy and then Validate (or even just the
letter M), would bring up this 100 field "Maloy, Eileen"  as
suggestion or a list of suggestions all starting with M when just
typing a M - and I would be able to just pick the right one and have
it  automatically put in the 100 field ?

If it works completely different and you have a screenshot that you
can send me off list: appreciated.

In our case the only response when Validating is: "no authority
records available" which could mean anything: no match though import
successful (but why), failed import (even though the records were
signaled as imported) ...

Thanks a lot, Repke (IISH, Amsterdam)

[1]
Or as Evergreen displays it in the Import Queue for Authority Data:
  LDR 	00208nz a2200097o 45 0
001	IISGa11554924
003	IISG
005	20091004142342.0