[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Open source ILS and OPAC

Bob Molyneux drdata at molyneux.com
Fri Oct 23 07:14:38 EDT 2009

Moreover, Scott,

Kevin and the folks at William Jessup installed Evergreen on their own and
support it. That is a part of the promise of open source.

Karen did an interview with Kevin and Jeff Green (one of the key IT staff
at WJU) in April on the Evergreen blog:
William Jessup University: a self-implemented Evergreen site
http://evergreen-ils.org/blog/?p=203

Bob
Equinox Software

>Scott,
>
>There are two institutions in California that are probably similar in size
>and requirements to you.  They are William Jessup University who installed
>and is using Evergreen, and Pacifica Graduate Institute who is in the
>process of installing Koha.
>
>The Library Director at Jessup is Kevin Pischke.  The person handling the
>Koha project at Pacifica is Erin Barta.
>
>Lori Ayre
>
>On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Scott Blake
><<mailto:sblake at svuca.edu>sblake at svuca.edu> wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm in the middle of trying to get a budget set up so we can get our
>>small university library automated.  We currently have no ILS and no
>>OPAC.  I have put Evergreen and Koha on the list of possibilities for
>>the ILS.  I have read on other discussion lists and library blogs
>>about problems librarians have had in using them.  I'd appreciate any
>>feedback from those who have used or currently use an open source ILS.
>>  What is the good, bad, and ugly in them from your experience?  Thanks
>>to all who respond.
>>
>>Scott Blake
>>University Librarian
>>Silicon Valley University