[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Customize Fines and Due Dates

Richard Maloley II richard at rrcomputerconsulting.com
Fri Oct 30 09:08:33 EDT 2009

All,

I've managed to set the default check out period and fines to my liking - I
had to modify a few files in the /openils/var/circ folder and replace
'default' with the new rules that I added via the /cgi-bin/config.cgi web
page.

2 other issues continue to plague me: Patrons are able to check out more
than two items at a time. I'd like this to be locked to two items. In the
circ_groups file I modified it so that maxItems is 2 - this does not appear
to work though. Finally, any idea on how to configure emailing so that
patrons are informed of overdue books along with the administrator of the
system? Has anyone attempted this?

Thanks,
Richard

"I've lost a machine... Literally _lost_. It responds to ping, it works
completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is."