[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds on ILL records

Coleman, Marlene mcoleman at bcgov.net
Wed Sep 9 11:53:03 EDT 2009

Hi Elaine,

We have tried the copy level hold, and it "sometimes works" right away ,but not always. If we create a hold and then capture it, the system will send an email notice, and alert the customer.  Our ILL team also wants the record in the database(as a brief record instead of a pre-cat) for tracking information. It seems natural to place a hold on it, for the customer, so staff also know it's waiting for them.  For some reason the targeter doesn't recognize these template records quickly.

Marlene

Marlene F. Coleman, BA, MLS, CIM
ILS Database Manager, Branch Manager
Beaufort County Library, Beaufort Branch
311 Scott Street, Beaufort, SC 29902
843-470-6544    mcoleman at bcgov.net
www.beaufortcountylibrary.org
For Learning ♦ For Leisure ♦ For Life