[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] personal post to Evergreen community

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat Sep 12 18:18:58 EDT 2009

2009/9/12 Lori Ayre <loriayre at gmail.com>:
> Steve (and all),
>
> I support this idea and if there's a way I can be of assistance, let's talk.
> I think getting a ball like this rolling would have to come from someone
> like us - people who are not actively involved in just one of the products
> but who sees the importance of both products/projects succeeding.

Hi all

While this sounds like a laudable idea, but we need a governance
structure for the Koha project first and this is where the communities
efforts should be concentrated. An overreaching foundation could be
perhaps created in parallel, but I would hate to see effort on that
detract from solving what is a pressing problem.

I think Lori is right, something like this overreaching foundation
could be worked on by people not involved in the projects. While those
on the ground work on setting up a governance structure for Koha.

Chris