[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Noticed OPAC display problem - colon in 245 field

Cynthia Williamson crwbookgirl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 09:47:35 EDT 2009

Hi All - Under the category of non-mission critical I point out the
following bug... We're noticing that sometimes the colon between the 245a
and 245b subfields doesn't display in the OPAC view, if you check the marc
record it's there, so it's not sloppy cataloguing :)

See the following, if you want to take a look at what I mean:
http://libcat.mohawkcollege.ca/opac/en-CA/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=7379&t=behind%20the%20screens&tp=keyword&d=0&hc=5&rt=keyword

I've checked some other catalogues, it appears to be a general problem, not
just local to us.  It seems to be fixed in Conifer's records - although the
spacing isn't always perfect so some folks fussier than I might want a
better fix, I'll settle for just seeing the darn thing :) ....  our test of
1.6 still has the same problem, can one of you brilliant Conifer folks point
us to the fix?

Cheers, Cynthia
Mohawk College
Ham ON