[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Need help understanding the basics

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Sun Sep 20 21:18:23 EDT 2009

I apologize if this information is in the documentation. At the very
least, I am having difficulty connecting the dots. In case it affects
the specifics of response to my question, I am running a new Hardy 8.04
vmware installation with a windows client rel_1_2_3_1, and am using a
Marson Wasp Barcode Scanner.

I am am very green when it comes to understanding library systems, so I
do not have any background knowledge to draw from when working with
Evergreen.

I have three scenarios that I am working with, and would greatly
appreciate step by step instructions to complete each task.

1. Steps for adding a paper back book that has a bar code on it into
Evergreen.
2. Steps for importing information from Marc records from a free site
using isbn numbers found on book we already own, or will purchase
3. Steps for adding a book to evergreen, and associating it to the bar
code found on the book, or a new one we would adhere to it.

Maybe this would turn into a conversation not wanted on the list. If
that is the case, it would be helpful if I could converse with someone
off-list.

Thanks in advance!

Raymond