[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Phone Conference for Evergreen Users

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Tue Sep 22 15:28:09 EDT 2009

This is a first library for a fledgling school (k-6). I am the resident
expert on everything, including areas I know nothing about, like library
systems. I need to gain enough of an understanding to train others how
to add records, and work with patrons. I have contacted a library system
expert in our region to help me become familiar with terms, and
processes (they know nothing about Evergreen). For now, I am attempting
to learn the steps involved with each of the different methods used to
add bib records correctly into the system. From the little bit I know
this can be done by hand, a free marc site, or an import file. I am
trying to discover the details of each method, including how to
associate each record with a barcode. I should be able to get the ball
rolling with one example per method.

I realize this may be off-topic as far as some are concerned, and
require multiple questions and answers, which is why I would be glad to
take my conversation off-list, if that is appropriate.