[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Basic cataloging skills for Evergreen

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Tue Sep 22 15:41:47 EDT 2009

> I realize this may be off-topic as far as some are concerned, and require
> multiple questions and answers, which is why I would be glad to take my
> conversation off-list, if that is appropriate.

Raymond, your questions are very basic but not off-topic for this list. They
are off-topic for the subject  you had posted them to, however. :-)

As Frances notes, there are some basic tutorials out there. I'd suggest that
the best way to acquire records is not to attempt to enter them but to
import them with Z39.50 from a good source. You still need some judgment for
these records that comes with experience, but much of the time you will do
better than if you entered records by hand.

Kind of makes you appreciate librarians, right? :-)