[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] local install for testing

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Wed Apr 14 11:55:20 EDT 2010

> Hmm, VirtualBox OSE (open source edition) as packaged in Ubuntu 9.10
> has everything that I've needed for creating and testing Evergreen
> images. I think it's missing sound and USB drivers(?) but those seem
> pretty useless in this particular context.

It has actually been a couple of years since I used OSE - maybe I'll give it another shot.  When I tried it before, networking was a huge headache and there were some other limitations that I can't recall at the moment - I was still very much a newbie at the time :-).

Thanks for mentioning this.

Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service